One morning, around this time last year, we flew from language school in Arusha to Dar es Salaam for Duncan's team meeting. Starting at the airport, throughout the flight and for 3 days after, I had the most horribly agonizing, like-I'm-giving-birth-to-alien-octuplets food poisoning episode in our Tanzania history.
It was bad.
Cecily made me a makeshift hot water bottle with two Ziploc bags (never leave home without Ziploc bags) and Dr. Duncan attended to his wife with his usual perfect bedside manner throughout that ordeal.
Which was good practice for him since he's had to reassume that role for the last 3 Sundays as I've had food poisoning issues back to back to back! While he was making the Ziploc hot water bottle again last night, I recalled the hope we once entertained that after a few months, our stomachs would become like iron. So much for that. It's been a year now friends, it's just not going to happen.
Monday, August 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment