Monday, August 16, 2010

How I Got Back to Mwanza

In sum:
  • 7 Airports (YYZ , IAD,  LGA, JFK, DXB, DAR, MWZ) 
  • 22 hours of flying time (not counting all the waiting around, including 10 hours in DC due to stormy weather and 2 overnight stops)
  • How to Train Your Dragon watched twice
  • $160 in baggage fees 
  • 4 currencies in my wallet
And 
  • 1 marriage proposal at the Dar es Salaam airport ("Madam, if you will not leave your husband to marry me, do you have any sisters I can marry? I need to marry an expat!) 
On we go!

3 comments:

  1. So glad you made it back. Your adventures are grist for a story mill!! Happy reunion! Mama M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was so wonderful to see you and catch up just a little! hello to dunc! it's carol chou! i think i have to post this as anonymous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mama M and Dr. C! Thanks so much for your support!! Hope you and all your loved ones are well.

    ReplyDelete