Monday, July 19, 2010

in a few words

Oh I wouldn't even know where to begin about this trip to New York. And as our camera battery is currently defunct--there aren't many pictures to share. 

As a first attempt, I will sum up the past two weeks in a few words...

1. Humidity: Everyone asks if it's like this in Mwanza, 95F+ and sticky. That would be a most grateful, NO!

2. Blisters: I do more walking and running and running up and down stairs here in one day than in 2 Mwanza weeks. And I love it. 

3. Good Eating: Which I can't get into really, because I don't want to make Duncan too sad. Our thanks though, to the friends and family who have kept him very well stocked. 

4. Wonderful Reunions: Though the lunches and dinners and occasional breakfasts have been painfully short, I have been blessed by all the precious time with many good friends. 

Thanks to Marisa and Soojin for coming down from Boston last weekend, and Sooj's Droid camera for capturing two of the fabulous meals we shared:
KFC (that's K for Korean!) with a whole lotta pickled radish

Followed not too long afterwards, I'm sheepish to say, by a meal to remember c/o Mr. Batali

1 comment:

  1. oh what fond fond memories! miss you guys!! - sooj

    ReplyDelete