I'm afraid of heights.
I stay away from sports where the breaking of bones is likely.
I can't eat or be normal before any kind of public presentation.
And on top of this, I have a morbid imagination.
So it's very easy for me, when thinking about our move to Africa, to be consumed with anxiety and dread.
But encouragement comes.
Our friend Rick is moving to Armenia at the end of this month.
Recently, he's taken to posting things he's looking forward to, rather than dwelling on what he's leaving behind, or what inconveniences await him in Eurasia.
Thanks Rick.
What do we look forward to?
The colors of East Africa.
Learning Swahili. Learning how to live with a lot less.
Experiencing community with veterans in TZ and Mwanza.
The privilege of caring for orphans and widows, of teaching young doctors.
Then this morning, we received an email from a surgeon who has been working in TZ for over 25 years, and his summary of life for his family there is humbling:
"God has been good to us all this time, even when things were not as easy as they are now. But we have not "suffered" and never thought our life here was a sacrifice."
Here's to looking forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment